WIFT Houston brings together professionals who work in all areas of the entertainment industry, from producers and directors to accountants and lawyers, above the line and below, in front of the camera or behind it. WIFT Houston is part of this network of some 39 chapters internationally; your WIFT Houston membership additionally provides membership into the global network of more than 10,000 members in WIFT International.
Women in Film and Television Houston is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization, dedicated to helping women reach the highest level of achievement in TV, film, and other moving-image media, and is further dedicated to promoting equity for women in these industries. In Houston, it was chartered in 1995, and currently has a membership nearing 200. In recent years our male membership has grown, and now represents over 20% total membership. Members and contributors also include college students from across the state, individuals with an interested in learning about the industry, and our corporate members. WIFT Houston works to build community across the industry, collaborating with numerous film and media arts organizations.
WIFT Houston Objectives:
– To produce innovative programs and special events throughout the year.
– To advocate for women in the industry
– To recognize and encourage the contributions of women and men in the industry, especially those with Houston and Texas roots
– To post job openings and industry news
– To host film preview screenings, with the filmmakers, and/or writers, producers, or actors present when possible.
– To spotlight our members, and promote their work
– To provide frequent networking opportunities with industry leaders
– To foster worldwide connections and networking through membership affiliation with Women in Film & TC International.
– To award scholarships, including the Deborah Duncan Scholarship and the funds made available through the WIF/GM Alliance, and distribute proceeds from the Linda Lowe Film Finishing Fund, set up by friends and family of our past president Linda Lowe in celebration of her life and accomplishments